מאת מערכת כחול לבן, בתאריך יולי 12th, 2011
The 2005 evacuation of the Gaza Strip settlers was performed without proper planning. Israel’s failure to absorb the settlers suitably led many to the general conclusion that Israel is not capable of properly evacuating settlers; in light of the fact that Israel failed in evacuating 8,000 settlers from the Gaza Strip, how would it succeed in evacuating 100,000 from the West Bank?
Comprehensive planning work will play a key role in convincing policy makers that the task of absorbing the West Bank settlers is indeed feasible. The planning work offered by Blue White Future specifically focuses on two topics:
- Regional and Urban Planning – A detailed plan on how to absorb settlers that would be evacuated from their homes should be prepared. In the course of the planning work, various issues should be considered, for example: where should the settlers be settled? (Suburbs or center? small villages or big cities? etc.) What role should the preservation of the current communities' structure play? (Is it desired to copy a settlement “as is”, including its entire community members?), etc.
- Vocational Planning – The purpose of the vocational planning on the evacuation matter is to provide answers for burning questions, such as: what is the purpose of the state in finding occupational solutions for the evacuated settlers; should the governmental roles be preserved? etc.
Planning Work Conduct
- Research – Blue White Future will define criteria to identify a non-governmental research organization fitting for conducting the abovementioned planning work. Hiring the services of a non-governmental research organization is necessary due to the political sensitiveness of the issue.
- Public discourse – Blue White Future will establish different discourses, parlor meetings and think tanks for the purpose of discussing possible solutions for the absorption of settlers. Participants in such forums will include mayors and municipal leaders, as well as members of Blue White Future’s public council.
- Development – Further to reviewing the conclusions of the abovementioned research work and of the public discourses, Blue White Future will establish detailed plans for the re-settlement of the evacuated settlers.